Monday, May 20, 2013

Earring Swap Blog Hop

If you're still Bead Soup hopping, my post is here.

Hi, all!

A few weeks ago I joined Jessica's Earring Swap Blog Hop and I was paired with Dyanne of Dee-Liteful Jewelry Creations. We exchanged an email and I happened to mention to her that I like blue and green and basically anything beachy. She told me she likes purple and pastel green. We both put our creative caps on and a few days later, our packages were in the mail.

Here is what I sent her:


Picture courtesy of Dyanne. I am a total idiot and FORGOT to take pictures of them before I mailed them off!

As you can see, they are amethyst, peridot and sterling silver. I have been playing around with turning bead caps upside down lately and I love the look. The amethyst rounds are delicious and I got them at the Tucson shows.

Here's what she sent me:


They are amazing, you guys! First of all, I love dangly earrings and these are some serious shoulder dusters! I love the colors and just everything about them! I've worn them twice and both times, people have stopped me and gone "Holy cow! Where did you get those?!" I love being able to tell them they are handmade and one-of-a-kind!

There are several of us in this blog hop - stop over and see what everyone else created for their partners!  If you go to this post on Jessica's blog, all the links are there.  Happy hopping!

16 comments:

  1. Too cute that you turned the bead caps upside down. I really like that. And the earrings you received are to die for. I love using chain and lots of dangles and these are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ones you made are really elegant and delicate, and love what you received too! So original!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both sets are beautiful. I love the dangles, but I have a kinda short neck, so I can't wear long earrings. Glad they work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful earrings!I love the combo of green and purple1 Elegant and pretty! the earrings you received are so much fun! I'm not surprised that you receive compliments on them! Perfect for shaking your head and saying "Oh these! they were made by my friend!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you've experimented with flipping the bead caps upside down, I didn't think to do that. I love the color combo as well. Dyanne did an excellent job as well and they kinda look like peacock feathers! I am a little jealous of you for getting those...Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the earrings you made. And I really enjoy the colors of the earrings Dyanne made. Really fun earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the delicate earring that you sent. The light green is so sweet. And the ones you received...wow, I do love how fun, swingy, and casual they are. They'll be great with jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you get compliments - send them to my etsy store!! LOL I love making earrings with colored chains. I'm so glad you liked the earrings. I love mine. I've worn them several times. They are very dainty. Thanks for being a great partner!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these earrings! I would so wear them! No wonder you get comments when you wear them every time. I am surprised you haven't sold them yet. LOL I just love how you've been using bead cones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both pairs are beautiful! I like how you turned the bead caps upside down on the ones you made. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The green and purple are perfect, and they have a very lotus/zen feeling to me. Love them! Both great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the earrings you've made - the upside down turned caps give them a very interesting look! The ones you've received are also so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. both pairs are pretty. and i love what you did with the bead caps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the earrings you sent Dyanne! So delicate & beautiful! What a great idea to turn the bead cap upside down. The dangly chains Dyanne sent you are absolutely a "statement" - a great one too since chains are sooo "in style" right now. I bet they are very fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tara, I love your idea of turning those bead caps over and creating little petals. I have so many of them in my stash and never seem to be able to use them, going to try your idea. So clever!! Very pretty earrings! ~ Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments and will reply to you if you leave a way to reach you!