Saturday, August 24, 2013

Summer Color Surprise Blog Hop!

I know what you're thinking: She only uses her blog for bog hops! Believe me, that was never the intent, but life is so full of other things, I just never take the time to sit down and blog. My excuse this time is that I have been busy setting up my Etsy shop. Finally.

The reason I'm here today is for the Summer Color Surprise Blog Hop, hosted again by the lovely Lisa of Pine Ridge Treasures.


Once again, she sent us some beads in a specific color palette and it was our job to create something from it. I got beads in my second favorite color - green! 


What a gorgeous bead soup, right? 

Despite recovering from ankle surgery and wheeling around in a wheelchair for the past three months, I was able to finish three pieces.



I'm starting with the necklace because the pictures turned out better than the ones I'm about to show you. Everything except the pendant and chain came from the beads Lisa sent me.The pendant is one I picked up from a vendor at the Tucson show a couple years ago. I can't remember who it was, but I fell in love with it - it's so delicate and feminine. I've been holding on to it forever because I couldn't find beads that were special enough to use with it. I think I finally found them!  Here's a closeup of the focal:

  

I also made this necklace


This necklace started with a branch focal I picked up at Michael's a while ago. This one was a bit out of my comfort zone, being a bit asymmetrical. I sold it almost right away, though.

Allow me to apologize in advance for the quality of this photo. I have pretty much figured out how to take good necklace and earring pictures, but bracelets still elude me.


If the colors weren't completely washed out, you would see that the beads that look white are actually a lovely, soft green color. Sigh. I'll get there - just need more practice.

So that's what I did with my green beads.

Head over to Lisa's blog for the full list of participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments and will reply to you if you leave a way to reach you!