Monday, February 4, 2013

Tucson 2013

If you are a fellow jewelry designer, you know about Tucson. Since I live in Phoenix, I go for a few days every year. I even take time off work. It's a great opportunity for me to stock up on findings, beads, and other fun trinkets.

In the past, I've used my cousin's business license to get into the wholesale shows, but now that I've started my own, I can use my own. Prices at the wholesale shows are outrageously low. Many, many things for 80% off.

I went this past Saturday all day and Sunday for a little while. It's a 2.5 hour drive one way from my house in Phoenix and I had some other things to do on Sunday.

Here's some pictures from the show:


This is one of the booths at the JOGS show.  I basically took it so you can see how big they are and the tables that are just loaded down with beads.


I freely admit I'm not a huge fan of turquoise. It's my favorite color, but the stone is definitely not my favorite.


Big quartz....


Even bigger amethyst


When I posted this picture of pearls on Facebook, there was talk of rolling around in them. Ahem...


Fairy silk ribbons. Yummy.


It's entirely possible I bought 3.5 pounds of beads. More pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments and will reply to you if you leave a way to reach you!