Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fairy Tale Bead Swap - The Reveal (Delayed)

I belong to a Yahoo group for the Bead Soup Blog Party, in which I participated for the first time a few months ago and is moderated by the lovely Lori Anderson. She organizes mini-swaps through the Yahoo group and we just completed one.  The theme for this one was "fairy tale" and we were supposed to swap beads with another member with the fairy tale theme and then make something to be revealed on our blogs today.

I am, unfortunately, not able to post my creation today because a couple of weeks ago. I broke three fingers on my right hand and I can't hold a pliers. I will make something with these beads, though, and post it on here - I promise! As it is, it will probably take me three hours to type this with one hand!

I was paired with Christine Brandel of A Hot Piece of Glass (best blog name EVER!). She sent me this gorgeous selection of bead with a Little Red Riding Hood theme. I wasn't that organized when I sent her my beads - I just sent a selection of pretty, sparkly things.


Here's what she sent:

She DREW the card herself! I can't even draw stick people!

The lampwork was made by her, obviously, and there is a copper piece she made, some silver beads and some small black beads. I literally squealed with delight when I opened the package!  Want a closer look? I'll let the pictures do the talking...






When I get to the point where I can hold a pliers again, I have a couple ideas in mind for this stuff. IN the meantime, please enjoy everyone else's creations.


Fairy Tale/Spring Bead Swap Blog Hop

Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
Rebecca Anderson, Song Beads
Courtney Breul, Beads By Breul 
Loretta Carstensen, Designs by Loretta
Evelyn Hall, Dragon Lady Evelyn
Sandy Richardson, Sandy's Coloring Box
Christine Brandel, A Hot Piece of Glass
Lisa Sittniewski, Alterity Art
Joanna Matuszczyk, Filcowe
Jenni Connolly, Jenni Bead
Geneva Collins, Torque Story
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Sally Russick, Wireworked
Mary McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
Norma Turvey, Moonlit Fantaseas
Erin Prais-Hintz, Treasures Found 
Stephanie Haussler, Pixybug Designs
Shai Williams, Shaia's Ramblings
Johanna Rhodes, Fire Phoenix Creations
Sandi Lee James, Do Be Do Bead Do
Valerie Norton, Hot Fused Glass

10 comments:

  1. Oh what a bummer about your hand. It must be frustrating. Can't wait to see what you make with your beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm glad to have found your blog through this hop, hope your hand is better soon and looking forward to seeing what you make with the fab selection beads you received.
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool package you got! And I am SO sorry you broke fingers! I've broken many bones, so I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear about you fingers! I hope they heal quickly and I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card and lovely lot of beads you received. Hope your fingers will be quickly healed and you can get beading soon, how frustrating! Cheers,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some awesome beads there - can't wait to see what you'll make with them. Hope you heal quickly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what you do with all those pretty baubles! I'm sure it will be awesome, so no rush. Let that poor hand heal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute fairy tale theme bead stash. Sorry about your fingers. I look forward to seeing your creation when you heal. Please send an email to remind us to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great beads, hope you heal up quick so we can see what you do with them. I love Christine's copper pieces!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments and will reply to you if you leave a way to reach you!